ORLANDO, FL. – Orlando International Airport is expecting a record number of travelers this Christmas/New Year’s travel season. In total, nearly 3.2 million passengers will use MCO as their gateway of choice this 21-day holiday travel period.
Starting Friday, December 20th and running through Thursday, January 9, 2020, Orlando International Airport is expecting to see a 6% increase in traffic over last year’s previous record.
“With what is predicted to be record holiday travel, Orlando International stands ready to welcome more than 3 million seasonal passengers with enhanced staffing, new customer services and a renewed focus on world-class amenities,” says Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
2019 Projected Busiest Days / Passenger Totals
|1||Sunday, December 29th||174,495|
|2||Sunday, January 5th||170,467|
|3||Thursday, January 2nd||170,444|
|4||Monday, December 30th||168,341|
|5||Saturday, December 28th||168,247|
|6||Monday, January 6th||165,106|
|7||Saturday, January 4th||164,332|
|8||Friday, December 27th||163,454|
|9||Sunday, December 22nd||163,183|
|10||Thursday, December 26th||159,577|
|11||Friday, January 3rd||158,822|
|12||Wednesday, January 1st||155,712|
|13||Saturday, December 21st||152,394|
|14||Monday, December 23rd||150,696|
|15||Tuesday, January 7th||146,982|
|16||Tuesday, December 31st||145,479|
|17||Friday, December 20th||132,684|
|18||Wednesday, January 8th||123,783|
|19||Wednesday, December 25th||122,231|
|20||Thursday, January 9th||117,503|
|21||Tuesday, December 24th||111,455|
Important Travel Tips and Reminders:
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled domestic flight
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled international flight
- Do NOT bring weapons. Firearms are only allowed in checked luggage and must be unloaded and placed in special travel containers
- Use the FREE cell phone lots when picking up passengers. Simply wait in the cell lot until your party calls you after they retrieve their luggage
- Remember the “C” parking garage is open
- Do NOT wrap Christmas gifts. They may be subject to inspection by the TSA
- If traveling with a pet or comfort animal, bring a leash. The pet will need to be on a leash while the animal carrier is properly screened by the TSA
- If traveling with a comfort pet please check with your individual airline in advance to learn their specific rules for traveling with various types of animals
- Pack as lightly as possible
- Wear easily removable shoes
- Do NOT make light-hearted jokes about security or secure situations
- Please pack your patience! Keep in mind, you are traveling with 3.2 million other passengers at MCO this holiday season
Very Important Assignment Desk Note:
This year, to better accommodate the media during this busy holiday travel season, video news release (VNR) clips featuring Greater Orlando Aviation Authority leadership will be made available to all news outlets via WeTransfer. The clips will be distributed periodically during the season and will address busiest days, record traffic, last minute shopping and travel tips. You may click on the attached link when clips are dispersed and tailor the video and audio to your news department's story requirements, without the need for attribution. As a result, senior leadership of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority will not be available for individual interviews for your news organization during this holiday time period.
Basic MCO Information: With nearly 50 million annual passengers, Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the busiest airport in Florida and 10th busiest in the U.S. MCO is currently engaged in a $4.2 billion Capital Improvement Program to increase capacity and enhance customer convenience.